The History of Humphreys
In 1853, Fredrick Humphreys became one of the leading homeopathic physicians in New York. His achievements included being Chairman of the American Institute of Homoeopathy's "Bureau for the Augmentation and Improvement of the Materia Medica" of the American Institute of Homoeopathy. During this time he also helped to establish what came to be known as The New York State Homoeopathic Medical Society.
As one of his most pivotal and significant contributions to homeopathic medicine, he introduced his finding of homeopathic "combinations" and coined the term "Homoeopathic Specifics." The value of combination preparations was that they offered, in a single dose, what traditional homeopathic physicians would prescribe by the individual ingredient, or "singles."
This approach made it easy for individuals to diagnose and self-prescribe without the need to worry about a host of traditional concerns, including content or potency selection. In 1854, The Humphreys Homoeopathic Medicine Co. was established (later incorporated under the name "Humphreys Pharmacal") and began to market his namesake products, Humphreys Homoeopathic Specifics. These preparations, along with his belief in natural healing, continue to be the basis for both our homeopathic and skincare products.
3 Go Back